It’s that time of year again where we’re all busy with last minute Christmas preparations and we’re beginning to unwind ready for the Christmas holidays. We’ve compiled a list of convenient ways to keep the kids occupied so that you can prepare for your best Christmas ever…
Top 10 Christmas Films for Kids
Christmas films are a sure fire way to keep the kids occupied whilst also filling them with Christmas buzz! We’ve listed our Top 10 Christmas films for kids to give you some inspiration…
- Elf: Elves, Father Christmas, New York and copious amounts of sugar – what’s not to like?
- The Muppet Christmas Carol: With the recent comeback of the Muppets, we’re sure this will be a hit with the kids.
- The Grinch: A bright and bashful comedy that is most definitely a favourite here at Studio Film HQ.
- Nativity!: One of the funniest Christmas films of all time, this will have the kids giggling for hours.
- The Polar Express: A real motion capture masterpiece – follow the journey of a group of friends as they travel to the North Pole on the Polar Express.
- Arthur Christmas: Father Christmas’ youngest son Arthur has to save the day when one child’s presents become undelivered.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas: An outlandish musical comedy, created and written by the genius Tim Burton.
- A Christmas Carol (2009): A fantastic animated re-telling of the Dickensian classic.
- Miracle on 34th Street: A timeless classic complete with a cute child, Father Christmas and plenty of Christmas magic.
- Home Alone: Having been left ‘home alone’ for Christmas, Kevin has to defend his house from two pesky burglars.
Things to do Out and About
- Take a visit to Jackson’s Lane in Highgate to watch Tall Stories re-telling of Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler’s ‘the Snail and the Whale’. The production is running from 5th December to 3rd January, with showings at 11am and 2pm. Visit their website for more information.
- Dig out your skates and head to JW3 on Finchley Road for a session of ice skating with the family. Family tickets are available for £32 and must be booked in advance via their website.
- Our friends at the BFI have a great programme of Family films scheduled throughout December and January, including the very festive Santa Clause: The Movie showing on 19th December. Take a look here to find out more.
- Pop over to Hyde Park Corner and spend a day at the famous Winter Wonderland. Hit the ice rink, jump on some rides or try your hand at winning some prizes. For more information and opening times, visit the Winter Wonderland website.
Other Things to do
- Use an iPhone or iPad to create your own Christmas films and trailers! You can download the iMovie app for £3.99 on the App Store.
- Create a Christmas Documentary: Give the kids a camera and get them to create their own fun film documenting your family’s preparations in the run up to Christmas.
That’s all from us for now. We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year – we can’t wait to hear about what you’ve all been up to during the holidays.
Sarah @ Studio Film HQ 🙂